Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova is a Russian scientist and technical executive. She is also the second daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. She is also a well educated scientist. She is also known for leading several publicly funded projects associated with Moscow State State University. She is also Deputy Director of the Institute for Mathematical Research of Complex Systems at Moscow State University. She is also known for her athletic acrobatic dance. It was sanctioned by the United States of America in 2022.
Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova Wiki/Biography
Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova was born on Sunday August 31, 1986 (age 35 years; from 2022) in Dresden, East Germany (now Germany). Katerina was born in East Germany when her father, Vladimir Putin, was stationed there as a KGB spy. In 1991, after the reunification of East and West Germany, Putin moved with his family to Leningrad (now St. Petersburg), where Katerina attended Peterschule, a German high school. She also studied German at the Peterschule. Due to increasing gang violence in Leningrad, Putin sent his daughters back to Germany to complete their studies. Later, the Putin family moved to Moscow, where Katerina attended the Moscow German School. Katerina completed her oriental studies at the University of St. Petersburg with a specialization in Japanese history.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight approx.): 69 kilos
Hair colour: Blond
eye color: Gray
parents & siblings
Her father is Vladimir Putin, who is also President of the Russian Federation.
Her mother’s name is Lyudmila Putina. Lyudmila was a former flight attendant.
She also has an older sister named Maria Vladimirovna Vorontsova.
In 2013 she married Russian billionaire and business magnate Kirill Shamalov.
Both divorced in 2018.
completion of studies
In July 2005, in order to enter the University of St. Petersburg, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova took and passed the entrance exam. Katerina was supposed to study the history of ancient China, but she chose to study and specialize in the history of Japan. She graduated in 2009 with a major in Ancient Japanese History. Katerina completed her master’s degree in physics and mathematics at Moscow State University. Katerina received her degree after submitting a dissertation entitled “Mathematical problems of correcting the activity of vestibular mechanoreceptors”. Her dissertation received wide recognition, which resulted in her collaborating with several renowned scientists and publishing several subsequent volumes of her scientific journal.
Career after graduation
Her non-profit organization Innopraktika works on the principle of merging two different projects from Moscow State University; the National Intellectual Development Foundation (NIDF) and the National Intellectual Reserve Center (NIRC). Innopraktika is committed to promoting projects carried out by young and talented Russian scientists. In 2020, Innopraktika established a new artificial intelligence department in cooperation with Moscow State University; Appointment of Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova as director of the department.
A champion as an acrobatic dancer
Aside from her intellectual abilities, Katerina is also a well-known acrobatic dancer. In 2010, acrobatic rock n’ roll caught the attention of Katerina. Acrobatic rock n’ roll is a non-Olympic athletic sport. She soon began training for the sport and often took part in many competitions together with her partner Ivan Klimov. The duo secured fifth place at the 2013 World Championship and in 2014 the pair finished second at the Russian Championship.
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova is the younger daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin, but Putin has never admitted anything about Katerina being his daughter.
- The United States accuses Katerina of playing an important role in concealing Putin’s real wealth. The United States has issued an official statement on the sanctions. The country declared
We have reason to believe that Putin and many of his cronies and the oligarchs are hiding their wealth, stashing their fortunes with family members who are investing their fortunes and wealth in the US financial system and in many other parts of the world as well. We believe many of Putin’s fortunes are hidden with family members and that’s why we target them.”
- The sanctions against Katerina come in response to allegations of the Russian military massacre of a resident of Bucha, Ukraine.
- Katerina has a total of 5 advisors on her organization’s council; 2 of whom are retired KGB officials and close friends of Putin.
- Katerina’s non-profit organization has signed several billion-dollar contracts with the Russian government.
- The US Treasury Department has accused Katerina’s nonprofit of secretly collaborating with the Russian government and defense industry. In an officially issued statement, the Treasury said:
Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova (Tikhonova) is the daughter of Russian President Putin. Tikhonova is a technical leader whose work supports the GoR and defense industries.”
- There are rumors that Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova has another, younger stepsister, who her father and his supposed girlfriend had together.
Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova Net worth
Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova’s net worth has been reported to be around $1.3 billion. When Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova was married to Kirill Shamalov, the couple announced that their net worth was around $2 billion.
- In her younger days, Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova dropped her father’s surname, Putin, and adopted the surname from her grandmother’s side.
- She has also been named Vice President of Expansion and Marketing by the Acrobatic Rock ‘n’ Roll World Federation.
- For her achievements in athletic acrobatic dance, the Russian government has established an Acrobatic Rock n’ Roll Center worth 2 billion rubles at the school where Katerina studied. This center is considered to be the only rock n’ roll center in the whole world.
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova can speak 3 different foreign languages. She speaks the languages very fluently.
- Moscow State University’s Artificial Intelligence Center, headed by Katerina, is worth $1.7 billion.
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova specializes in the academic field of neurotechnology.
- Katerina Vladimirovna Tikhonova’s mother Lyudmila Putina divorced her father Vladimir Putin in 2014.
- She made a rare appearance on Russian news channel Rossiya 1 to discuss her research into technological advances aimed at controlling electrical impulses in the brain.